This position will work with Parabon's enterprise computing experts to develop advanced computing solutions in a wide-range of industries. One of the first projects will involve the development of tools for computational biology and genomics experts. Specifically, developers will join an interdisciplinary research group pursuing an ambitious, long-term project aimed at achieving major scientific advances in the fields of medicine and forensics.
- Experience with GPGPU programming to help implement numerically intensive algorithms such as linear or nonlinear regression modeling, or genomic sequencing (e.g. BLASTP)
- At least three (3) years experience working as a software engineer in a commercial environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of OO development
- 5 years of C++ or Java programming experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (But Not Required)
- Experience with Open Computing Language (OpenCL) or CUDA frameworks
- MPI and high performance computing (HPC)
NOTE: Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US citizens and willing to work in Reston, Virginia.
To apply, please email your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com