January 28, 2009
to Showcase Frontier 4's
Features and Demonstrate How
Enterprises Can Get Better Return on IT Investments
February 4, 2009 at 1100 EST
Parabon Computation, a veteran provider of extreme-scale grid computing software and services, announced today version 4 of its flagship software product: the Frontier® Grid Platform. The newest version adds a wealth of usability enhancements to the already-formidable capabilities of Frontier, which has revolutionized high-performance computing (HPC) by securely and unobtrusively virtualizing the idle capacity of thousands of computers and delivering it as a high-powered utility computing service.
Frontier's scalability and price-performance advantages over dedicated hardware solutions enable its users to reduce, by orders of magnitude, the time and cost required to complete data-heavy and compute-intensive calculations — savings that are especially compelling in today's economy. The latest release of Frontier provides browser support for all its components, resulting in an elegant combination of web and grid services that is as easy to use as it is powerful. Frontier 4 features:
- Frontier Dashboard: A rich and intuitive browser-based portal, built with Google Web Toolkit (GWT) Ext JS components, that provides a unified interface for account management and job monitoring.
- Frontier App Store: Allows developers to create Grid Software-as-a-Service (GSaaS) "storefronts" through which grid applications and services can be published, discovered and used.
- Frontier Compute Engine: Provides a consistent browser interface across all major operating systems, including Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and Windows 2000, XP and Vista.
- Frontier Enterprise Edition: All components ship as VMware virtual appliances (".ovf" files) for easy import into ESX 3, the market leading hypervisor for virtualized data centers.
- Frontier JumpStart: Provides an Application Generator that enables developers to create and deploy sample Frontier Dashboard applications in minutes.
To celebrate the launch of Frontier 4 and highlight its capabilities, Parabon will host an online webinar on February 4th at 11:00am Eastern Standard Time. To register send email to email@example.com, subject line "Frontier 4 Webinar".
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 703.689.9689 x250.